SATMA Mission Statement
The mission of the South African Telemedicine Association is to promote and advance telemedicine and associated fields in South Africa through advocacy, co-operation, training, and research by bringing together people from the private and public sectors, industry and academia to share experience and expertise. This will be achieved via the following:
- Engaging government and educating the public about telemedicine.
- By actively working with Governmental Departments and NGO’s to eliminate barriers to the use of telemedicine and facilitate private public partnerships.
- Foster networking and collaboration among allied interests in medicine and technology.
- Assist with topics relevant to the advancement and application of telemedicine within specific areas.
- Promoting research, innovation and education
- Fostering academic research is critical to the growth of telemedicine.
- Formation and publication of guidelines and standards.
- Creating consumer awareness and support